ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Cream

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Cream

My new special boy doesn't eat dairy - which is very sad. This means no yogurt, cheese, ice cream, etc. Good thing butter is an exception. I try to be a good person by accommodating his diet instead of making fun of him. This ice cream is dairy free. It uses full fat coconut milk and eggs which produce creamy and soft custard like ice cream. The coconut flavor is not very strong. I bet I can use this as a base for many other frozen creamy deliciousness.



The original recipe is here: http://cavemanfood.blogspot.com/2009/06/coconut-milk-ice-cream.html



I just increased the amount of coconut milk to 2 cans, left out lavender and kept everything else the same. This ice cream is actually awesome. I might not go back to the real cream ice cream ever again (unless I get bored of coconut.)