ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Lemon Ginger Thyme Muffins

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lemon Ginger Thyme Muffins

I had this recipe bookmarked since last October. Never got a chance to make it since I've never seen thyme in my local supermarket. Yesterday, I was at the farmers market at Prospect Park. Had $20 with me. Spent it all buying strawberries, sugar snap peas, apples, spinach, and thyme!

Original recipe is from Dannon Yogurt website. I changed things a bit: buttermilk instead of yogurt, more fresh ginger, and half wholewheat flour instead of all purpose flour.

These muffins came out delicious. I'm liking thyme in my baked goods. I'll have to look for more thyme recipes.



Ingredients
  • 1 cup all purpose flour

  • 1 cup wholewheat flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1/2 cup canola oil

  • 1 cup sugar

  • 2 eggs

  • 1 cup buttermilk

  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger

  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme

  • lemon zest from 1 lemon

  • 1 cup raisins
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners.

  2. Whisk together all purpose flour, wholewheat flour, baking soda, ground ginger and salt in a medium bowl.

  3. With electric mixer, beat oil and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition.

  4. Stir in flour mixture and buttermilk into the wet ingredients alternately in 3 batches. Stir until just combined.

  5. Fold in ginger, thyme, lemon zest and raisins.

  6. Drop by tablespoon into muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes. Make 12 muffins.