ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Ceci N'Est Pas Une Tasse en Papier

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ceci N'Est Pas Une Tasse en Papier


I have a lot of mugs and cups that I like for different reasons. This is my new favorite - called "I am not a paper cup" by DCi products, which I purchased at MOMA the other day. It is made out of insulated porcelain and has a silicone lid, which I like for the obvious portability feature, but also because when I use it at home, I can keep my tea warm by keeping the lid on, and avoid the constant trips to the microwave to reheat it.

It travels well, and drinking out of it while driving is actually much more pleasant than out of the usual plastic lid, which always dribbles. The soft mouth-feel is kind of comforting, like drinking out of a baby bottle (not that I know what that feels like!)

I also bought the silicone sleeve, which looks cool, but is entirely unnecessary as the cup's insulation keeps the heat away from your hands. I'm just going to stick it in my bag to use when I am getting a paper cup from somewhere else and want to save using a paper sleeve.

At $22, I think it would make a great gift.