ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Cinnamon Apple Muffins

Monday, March 1, 2010

Cinnamon Apple Muffins

Apple madness continues.

These muffins are a little too sweet for me (but my friends loved them) even though I reduced the sugar from 1 1/4 cups to only 3/4 cup. Maybe it's because my apple are not so sour (I used Granny Smith.) The original recipe was from AllRecipes.com for Jumbo Fluffy Walnut Apple Muffins. My muffins were not jumbo and didn't contain walnuts although they are very fluffy. So I'm calling them cinnamon apple muffins instead.



These muffins came out like really good moist mini coffee cake studded with apples in every bite. I felt like I had way too much topping. I might cut it to half next time but the topping added great crunchy texture and sweetness to the muffins.



Here are the ingredients I used for the muffins:
  • 1 stick butter at room temperature

  • 3/4 cup sugar (I will reduce to 1/2 cup next time.)

  • 2 eggs

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour

  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon

  • 2 teaspoons baking powder

  • 1/2 cup milk

  • 3 medium Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and chopped - about 3 cups

View original recipe here.