ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Taste of Spring

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Taste of Spring


Not a great photo, but I was hungry and low on patience. So, my husband and I are on a get-healthy program, which includes eating meals with low to no carbohydrates, saturated fats, or sugars (well, this is his strict diet - I still make exception for Whoopie Pies).

Which means I have to learn to cook without all of the good stuff.

This recipe was very easy to put together - chicken is sauteed in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, and parsley. Then add asparagus and mushrooms. I also threw in a little white wine Worcestershire sauce.

The egg on top adds flavor and richness - and I have to confess, I did cook it in butter, because eggs cooked in olive oil are pretty gross. And butter is delightful.

Next experiment: breadless meatballs.