ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Red Quinoa Pudding

Friday, August 6, 2010

Red Quinoa Pudding

I have a friend staying with me for a few nights. She's doing an elimination diet to see if her skin will clear out. She doesn't eat dairy and wheat. I made this quinoa pudding for breakfast rather than my usual oats or yogurt so that she can eat with me.



I don't know why I don't make this more often. I tastes so good and it's good for me. It's probably the highest protein breakfast ever (aside from eggs.) The original version is here.




Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup red quinoa or not red

  • 1 cup water

  • 1 cup soy milk

  • A pinch of salt

  • 3 tablespoon Agave nectar

  • 1 egg

  • 1/2 vanilla bean

  • 1/2 cup or more blueberries or other fruit

Directions
  1. In a small saucepan over medium high heat, boil quinoa with water and salt for about 10 minutes stir occasionally.

  2. Reduce the heat to low and add soy milk and scraped vanilla bean. Cook for 10 more minutes. Take care not to let soy milk boil over.

  3. In a small bowl, beat Agave nectar with an egg. Slowly add about 1/4 cup of cooking liquid to the egg. Whisk in to temper. Add this back to the saucepan. Stir vigorously for a couple of minutes.

  4. Turn the heat off. Serve with fresh berries. Make barely 2 servings.