ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Red Wine Raspberry Ice Cream (Dairy Free and Raw!)

Monday, May 2, 2011

Red Wine Raspberry Ice Cream (Dairy Free and Raw!)

I still couldn't believe it - this raw walnut ice cream - how smooth and creamy it was and how easy it was to make. So I gave it another try. This time I got fancy and added all kinds of things I have in the refrigerator.



And there it was. Delicious, velvety ice cream - if you can call it that since there's no cream in it.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup raw walnut pieces

  • 3/4 water

  • 1/4 cup fruity red wine (I used pinot noire.)

  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries

  • 1/4 cup honey (or more if you want it sweeter.)

Directions
Blend everything together in a blender until smooth. Pour into a running ice cream maker and let churn according to the machine's instructions.