ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Coconut Cupcakes

Friday, August 26, 2011

Coconut Cupcakes

I kick myself for waiting too long to make this Marshmallow aka 7-Minute Frosting. I chose a recipe without corn syrup and the one where I don't have to cook the eggs. I don't mind eating raw eggs. I think my eggs are fresh enough and they came from a reliable farmer that they wouldn't get anybody sick.







This is the fluffiest, the most meltinyourmouth frosting ever. And it made a LOT of frosting. I used 2 egg whites and a cup of sugar. I got more than enough frosting for 2 dozens cupcakes!







I followed my favorite cupcake recipe for the cupcake. After they cooled, I frosted them with the frosting and dipped them in unsweetened coconut flakes. So simple, elegant and yummy.







Marshmallow Frosting
  • 1 cup sugar


  • 1/4 cup water


  • 2 egg whites


  • 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar


Directions
  1. In a small sauce pan over medium low heat, melt sugar with water. Turn of the heat when all the granular melted. Careful not to boil.


  2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with a really clean (no grease) mixer until soft peak forms. Slowly pour hot syrup into the eggs while the mixer is running. Keep mixing until a stiff peak forms and the frosting is shiny.