ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Jewish Grandma's Chicken Soup

Monday, April 30, 2007

Jewish Grandma's Chicken Soup

I stayed home last night not because I wanted to bake but I was sick. Had terrible sore throat and things coming out of my nose. Was weak and tired all the time. So this soup I didn't make since I'm neither Jewish nor a grandma.

I just ate it. And I think it worked. I woke up in the morning with the sore throat gone - still things coming out of my nose - still tired - but not as bad as the day before.



Ingredients
(from what I remember seeing)
About 1 pound chicken
1 large onion
2 potatoes
1 sweet potato
1 butter nut squash
2 zucchinis
2 carrots
1 celery root
1 bunch of parsley
salt and pepper
water
.... oh and 4 chillis....



Directions
In the biggest pot you have, cook chicken in boiling water. Spoon out the brown bubbly thing on top. Clean the roots and vegetables. Halve or at most quarter everything (I don't think they were even peeled) except parsley. Throw them in the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook in medium heat for about an hour until everything melted. Lay the whole bunch of parsley (uncut) on top of the soup. Cook a few minutes more and serve.


Jewish Grandma.