ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Vanilla Cupcakes with Godiva Liqueur Chocolate Butter Cream

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Vanilla Cupcakes with Godiva Liqueur Chocolate Butter Cream

I'm bringing these to a party. I was thinking about chai tea cupcakes. I tried a recipe I found on the web last week but they didn't come out that well. They tasted more like muffin - a little too dense - maybe because it's vegan recipe.

So I'm just going to make simple vanilla cupcakes - using my favorite recipe from Cupcake Bake Shop blog with a slight modification. I have Godiva Liqueur left from a few years back. That will go on the frosting.



Ingredients

Cake
2 sticks butter - room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk

Frosting
1 stick butter - room temperature
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups cocoa powder
3 cups confectioner sugar
1/2 cup Godiva Liqueur

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners.

  2. Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Add vanilla extract.

  3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.

  4. Alternately stir in the dry ingredients and buttermilk into the other bowl. Stir until well combined.

  5. Drop by tablespoonful into lined muffin pan. Bake for 22 minutes. Made 28 cupcakes. Let cool.

  6. Make frosting. Beat all the frosting ingredients together at medium speed until smooth. (I'm supposed to sift sugar and cocoa powder but I'm too lazy.)

  7. Put about teaspoonful of frosting on the top of each cupcake and frost...


This is not good. I mean the cupcakes came out good. I just can't stop licking the frosting. Anyway, I need to brush my teeth and go too sleep. It's late.