ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Banana Oat Muffins

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Banana Oat Muffins

I made a lot of muffins in the past couple of weeks. My friends and I have been driving upstate every weekend to help fix up a few buildings on the site for the new USA Shaolin Temple. Muffins are easy to transport and kind of healthy. What?! You disagree?!? Muffins are way better for you than lots of things people eat while in a car. These ones contained whole wheat flour, rolled oats, and 3 bananas! And just a tiny bit of sugar.



The original recipe was from AllRecipe.com. The only change I made was using brown sugar and replaced a cup of all purpose flour with whole wheat flour.



The muffins came out a bit chewy from the oats. I guess these organic oats that I have are a little thicker and need to be cooked longer than the normal kind. Other than that the muffins came out great - a little dense with strong banana flavor and just sweet enough.