ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Fried Okra

Friday, October 5, 2007

Fried Okra

This is probably the only recipe I tried after watching it done on TV. It was on Alton Brown's Good Eats on Food Network. After Kung Fu I usually get home by 11pm just in time to watch the show while icing my knees. This recipe is so simple and makes so much sense that I had to buy okra every time I see them on Chinatown's street. And I love the slime....



The recipe is basically cut up the okra, rinse quickly with water (or rinse before cutting if you don't want as much slime). Then toss in generous cornmeal. Pan fry with a little bit of oil. Flip once. Serve and season with salt.

I love it. It feels like a healthier (green) version of popcorn...