ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Spinach Pesto

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Spinach Pesto

I'm still in love with my new food processor. I need to come up with more excuses to use it. For now, the obvious one: pesto.

Last week I made basil pesto - my first pesto. It didn't come out that well - it was missing something. So I gave it a second try. This time spinach pesto since I feel like eating healthy. I need more green vegetables in my diet. And I think I discovered the secret of tasty pesto: more pine nuts, more garlic, more salt, more oil and more cheese!



With my so awesome food processor, I blended together two bunches of spinach, a bunch of basil, 6 cloves of garlic, about a cup of pine nuts, salt and pepper and about 2 tablespoons olive oil. And then I added about a cup (or even more) of grated parmesan cheese. It was delicious.