ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Making My Own Hot Sauce

Monday, October 8, 2007

Making My Own Hot Sauce

When none of the available hot sauce in the market is hot enough - what do I do? I make my own.

Actually, I'm not that crazy.

I had a lot jalapeno peppers left from Tequila Chicken and thought this would be the fastest way to use them all. This is the Mediterranean kind of hotness. It will be fit eating with hummus, grilled lamb, falafel, pita bread, fried rice, Zhechuan chicken, pizza, spaghetti, and many more. I believe it's called Skhug or Schug or Z'chug or etc.... I don't really know. I looked for recipes on the internet and everybody says that it is what you make it to be. So I'm making it to be a really very hot and spicy and galicky sauce.

Warning: Do not eat this before a date, a job interview, a conversation, a train ride, a meeting..... Or maybe you should.



Ingredients
  • 6 jalapeno peppers (seeded if you are afraid)

  • 1 head garlic - peeled

  • 1 bunch cilantro

  • 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground clove

  • Salt to taste

  • Olive oil to cover


Directions
  1. With food processor, pulse and blend everything except oil together until kind of smooth. Keep in an air tight container - covered with oil - in refrigerator.

  2. Make a life-time supply of so hot and garlicky sauce that any dracula in the whole wide world will not want to smell your breath.