ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Green Curry Fried Rice with Ground Turkey and Spinach

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Green Curry Fried Rice with Ground Turkey and Spinach

.... or how I used all things leftover in my refrigerator. Well, the ground turkey wasn't exactly a leftover. I picked it up on the way home from a supermarket. I was actually thinking about cooking red curry fried rice instead because it's more would have been prettier. You know - green spinach on red background. But I made that a bunch of times. I wanted to try something new.



Ingredients
  • 5 cloves garlic - minced

  • 2 inches fresh ginger - minced

  • 1 onion - chopped

  • 1/2 pound ground turkey

  • 1/2 cup green curry paste

  • 3 cups staled cooked rice

  • 1 cup frozen mixed vegetable

  • 1/2 pound spinach - very roughly chopped

  • 2 tablespoon cooking oil

  • Fish sauce
Directions
  1. Heat a huge non-stock pan on medium high heat. Add oil. Stir in garlic. Add turkey. Stir vigorously for a few minutes. Add ginger and onion. Add green curry paste. Stir and stir and stir until turkey looks cooked.

  2. Stir in rice. Stir some more. Let cook for a few minutes. Add frozen vegetable. When the vegetable becomes un-frozen, add spinach. Turn off the heat. Mix everything together one last time. Season with fish sauce if needed.


So - there - I used up my old ginger + onion + stale rice + all leftover spinach from the weekend + frozen vegetable. And I got yummy spicy fried rice for dinner and lunch!

Mission accomplished.