ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Spicy Spinach Salad

Monday, May 28, 2007

Spicy Spinach Salad

Was at the farmers market again today. I can't help it. Whenever I see a farmers market - I have to stop and buy something. This time I bought 4 pounds of Fuji apples and about 2 pounds of spinach - since I promised myself to eat more fruits and vegetables...

I came up with this recipe for the spinach from what I have in the refrigerator. It's based on Yum-Tua-Phoo but with spinach instead of Tua-Phoo, fresh shallots instead of deep fried and without chicken and peanuts. The salad came out delicious! Aroi mak mak. So delicious that I started to think I'm a genius.



Ingredients
  • About 1/2 pound fresh spinach - thoroughly cleaned - roughly torn by hands

  • 4 shallots - chopped

  • Lime juice from 1 lime

  • 2 tablespoons sugar

  • 2 tablespoons Nam Prik Pao - roasted chili paste in soy bean oil

  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce

  • 1 tablespoon crushed dried chilies

  • 2 hard boiled eggs - sliced


Directions
  1. In a small bowl, mix lime juice, sugar, Nam prik pao and fish sauce until everything dissolves. Add more fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and/or dried chilies to taste.

  2. In a big bowl, toss spinach, shallots, eggs and the sauce together. Make about 4 servings.