ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies

There's a bottle of tahini in my cabinet. Heard it's good in hummus. Problem is that I don't really eat hummus by myself watching TV. So I was delighted to see this recipe on Cookie Madness. Finally! I'm going to use it for something!



I followed every word in the recipe. Problem is that that batter was so dry it was difficult to ball the dough. Pieces of chocolate chip, oatmeal, walnut kept falling out of the ball. So I just mushed everything together hoping for miracle in the oven.

But there's no miracle....


Fall out cookies.


I had one of the cookies. Although they are not pretty, they don't taste half bad. Just the right amount of crunch - a little salty - and chocolate chip level sweet. Tahini added interesting aroma. I would maybe use less chocolate the next time. I try to make the batter less dry with milk or something.

Update:
I made these cookies again. These time I followed the recipe from EatingWell.com. I just reduced sugar to 1/3 cup and skipped the brown sugar all together because I thought the sweetness from chocolate chips was enough. The cookies came out delicious!