ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes

Yay! Trader Joe's in the neighborhood. They have these little wild blueberries in the frozen food section. They reminded me of the camping trip in the summer when we happened to camp right by a blueberry patch. They are perfect for cupcakes and frosting for a friend's birthday whose favourite fruit is blueberry!



I followed Lemon-Blueberry Cake recipe from Epicurious.com for the cake. The only change was that I used 3 cups sifted all purpose flour instead of cake flour. And since I was too lazy to measure certain ingredients, I used zest and juice from 1 whole lemon. I filled lined muffin pans half full, baked them for 18 minutes and got 28 mini cupcakes.



The cupcakes were light and fluffy - moist with delicious crumbs and full of blueberries. This recipe is a keeper for future berry cupcakes.



For the frosting, I defrosted a quarter cup of blueberries, discarded the excess juice and added the fruit to my standard cream cheese frosting.



Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
  • 1 stick butter - room temperature

  • 1 cup confectioner sugar

  • 1 8oz package cream cheese

  • 1/4 cup blueberries - thawed and juice discarded

Directions
  1. Whip butter and sugar until fluffy with an electric mixer - about 1 to 2 minutes.

  2. Add cream cheese. Whip until well combined.

  3. Stir in blueberries.