ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Slow Cooked Maple Glazed Bacon

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Slow Cooked Maple Glazed Bacon

Are there any better words in the English language?

So, Jude and I enjoyed a wonderful brunch at paul k yesterday - consisting of Lox Eggs Benedict, Duck Confit Hash, and a plate of Maple Glazed Bacon. Lovely space, great food, etc etc.





I woke up this morning and thought, that's it, I am going to duplicate that bacon right now, right here in my own kitchen. I looked around online for some basic instructions, then used my instincts and did a little bit of experimenting. It was SO easy and came out great. I will never, ever make bacon in a pan again - my stove is not covered in grease, and the bacon cooked perfectly evenly. The beauty of making bacon this way is that you can make the other components of breakfast (eggs, toast, whatever) without having to fight for room on the stove. And did I mention the clean-up? Ahhh! Why have I been pan-frying for so long?!

Slow Cooked Maple Glazed Bacon

1 pkg bacon
2 T. best quality maple syrup

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with tin foil, and lay bacon on a baking rack on top of the tin foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Brush maple syrup on top of bacon slices.
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let drain on a plate covered with paper towels.