ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Gruyere Pie Crust

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gruyere Pie Crust

Another recipe from KingArthurFlour.com. This time it's a pie crust for Thanksgiving apple pie. I have been making so many apple pies in the past couple of months that I want to try something new. Plus everybody is going crazy about Pushing Daisies - a show on ABC featuring a pie shop called Pie Hole. Gruyere apple and pear pies were mentioned in the show. So I figured I would give it a try.



I followed the crust recipe from Vermont Cheddar Apple Pie on KingArthurFlour.com. I just used Gruyere instead of Cheddar and all butter rather than with shortening. My apartment smells very cheesy for two days after baking it.

The crust came out a little tough after it cooled down. Maybe the cheese hardened up. Or maybe I over process the dough. I like it regardless. It's like eating apple pie with cheese sticks. Two birds with one stone.