ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Wholewheat Blackberry Banana Bread

Monday, December 29, 2008

Wholewheat Blackberry Banana Bread

You are wondering why I only baked wholewheat things in the past few weeks. Truth is I secretly want to eat healthy despite all the temptation around me.

This quick bread is based on pineapple banana bread recipe. I substituted fresh blackberries for canned pineapple. Fresh blackberries in the winter? I know. Eating fruits out of their season is not planet friendly. I don't have excuses. I saw them in Chinatown and I bought them.

I have a lot of success with wholewheat baked goods lately. Maybe my baking karma level is exceptionally high this month. The bread came out moist, not too dense and just sweet enough to pass as breakfast.



Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour

  • 1 cup wholewheat flour

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 3 bananas

  • 2 eggs

  • 1/4 cup extra light tasting olive oil

  • 1/4 cup Agave nectar

  • 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a tube pan or a loaf pan with non-stick spray.

  2. In a large bowl, combine all purpose flour, wholewheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.

  3. In a separate bowl, mash 3 bananas and whisk with eggs, oil and Agave nectar.

  4. Pour the wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix until just wet. Fold in blackberries. Do not over mix.

  5. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes in a tube pan or 40 minutes in a loaf pan. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes in the pan. Invert onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.