ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Wholewheat Walnut Raisin Bread

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wholewheat Walnut Raisin Bread

There's this bread from Fort Greene farmer's market that I love. Whenever I see it, I have to buy a loaf. And I would finish the whole thing in two days by myself. It's wholewheat walnut raisin bread. It's with hard crust and big holes in side. And It's filled with sweet golden raisins.

So I wanted to try baking it at home. Maybe I could stop paying $5 for a loaf of bread.

Here's the result.



I followed this recipe from KingArthurFlour.com. I just used normal wholewheat flour with 3/4 cup of golden raisins and 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts. My bread was tasty but a little on a dry side. It didn't have big holes like the original version. I love it anyway. Maybe I just love eating bread in general - especially the ones I knead with my own hands.