ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Mini Lemon Tarts

Monday, January 5, 2009

Mini Lemon Tarts

I made too much dough for these lemon-lime shortbread cookies. Now that the holiday season is over, I don't get that many orders on the site anymore. So I decided to dress it up a little for our New Year's Eve party.



I cut out the cookies with my biggest flower cookie cutter - about 4 inches in diameter and lined them in muffin pans. They went into 350 degrees oven for about 5 minutes. I forgot to fork the dough before baking so they puffed up a little....



For the filling, I dropped a teaspoon of lemon curd which Hannah prepared while I rolled out the cookies. The cookies went back into the oven for about 7 more minutes.



These cookies/tarts came out so pretty I couldn't stop taking their pictures. They are also deliciously creamy/flaky/sweet/tart. Somebody said they are like the spring exploding in your mouth (in a good way.)

Update: Salted lemon-lime shortbread cookie recipe here.