ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Walnut Cranberry Raisin Bread

Friday, January 16, 2009

Walnut Cranberry Raisin Bread

My stock pot is awesome. Not only that it doubles as a wok, it can also bake bread! No-knead bread that is. This bread is so easy to make even I didn't mess it up. It came out crusty, dense and full of flavor. It tastes just like professional bread I buy at the farmer's market. No more spending $5 a loaf for me!



Original recipe is from King Arthur Flour. I increase the amount of whole wheat flour to 2 cups and water to 2 1/4 cups because I felt like my dough wasn't wet enough.



I can't believe baking bread can be this easy. So basically you stir all the ingredients together. Cover and leave for at least 8 hours. Ball the dough and move to a greased pot. Let rise for 2 more hours. Cover and bake.

Note to self: don't forget to grease and flour the pot with corn meal. The first time I tried this recipe I forgot just that. The the bread was stuck to the pot. Stuck so bad that I ate the entire loaf of bread (over a few days) out of the pot...