ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Pearl's Girl

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pearl's Girl



On Tuesday night, I had to go down to Union Square to read some of my work at the SF Writers Workshop, so I dragged my friend Jay along for support. Being that both of us were strapped for cash that night, we stopped in for a cheap dinner at a place that has been on my list for ages: Pearl's Diner. The menu includes Beef burgers (made with Niman Ranch beef - I see this so often, that I have almost become immune to it, how sad!), Buffalo burgers, Turkey burgers, Veggie burgers, and of course the top of the line Kobe.


Now, I love Kobe beef - cooked, raw - it is really special. But ground up into a hamburger? Feh. I am not paying those extra dollars. Give me good old American ground beef with melted American cheese, onions, lettuce, ketchup, and a good bun.


Mmmm, that's what I'm talking about. The meat was so juicy that we had to use napkins to mop up the drips, and my hands smelled like hamburger and onion rings all night long. It was so good. I get what all of the fuss about this place is - and you really can't beat the satisfaction you get from a good burger.