ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Tofu Chocolate Pudding

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tofu Chocolate Pudding

This is possibly the most genius use of tofu ever: New York Times Mexican Chocolate Tofu Pudding. It's like something you watch on Food Network Iron Chef where they make dessert out of beef or something.



With such few and simple ingredients, it really works. I'm still amazed. The pudding is creamy and delicious. Chocolate totally over powers any hint of soy/tofu.



I did change the recipe a little because I wasn't in a mood for cinnamon. I added a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of vanilla extract and about 2 teaspoons of instant espresso. The only thing I would do differently next time (There will definitely be next time!) is to reduce the amount of sugar to maybe less than 1/2 a cup. I would prefer the pudding to be less sweet.