ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Vanilla Brown Butter Pear and Apple Crisp

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Vanilla Brown Butter Pear and Apple Crisp

I got 6 pears bosc pears and 6 empire apples from my CSA last wednesday. On top of 3 pounds of peaches and 2 pounds of plums, I can't finish all my fruit before I leave for a vacation today. So I made this.



Based loosely on Pear Crisps with Vanilla Brown Butter from Epicurious.com, I mixed my sliced pears and apples with vanilla brown butter and brown sugar.



For the topping, I doubled my own crisp recipe with oatmeal, almond flour and sliced almonds (gluten-free!).

And it worked! I consumed baked goods faster than fresh fruit. That can't be good but for now food is not wasted.