ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Chocolate Cookies

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chocolate Cookies

No snow this weekend. Just rain and rain and rain - which I guess a good thing. It washed away all the gray/yellow/green snow from last weekend. It was too much of a mess to leave the house for ingredients but I needed to bake something to bring to a party. So I searched high and low for cookies made with ingredients I already had.


I made my own snow.


And I found this: Dark chocolate cookies from Gourmet.

I did not like 3/4 measurement in the recipe so I changed the ingredient portion a bit.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup all purpose flour

  • 1 cup cocoa powder

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 2 sticks butter

  • 1 cup sugar

  • 3 large eggs

  • 2 teaspoons vanilla

  • Confectioner sugar for dusting


Didn't sift cocoa powder so got clumps of it in the cookies...


The cookies were delicious. Crisp on the outside, soft and cakey on the inside with nice chocolate flavor. Next time I might have to flatten them before baking so that they don't come out looking like rocks.


Snowy rock cookies.