ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Hamming It Up

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hamming It Up



When we entertain for Christmas Eve, my husband always makes a wonderful prime rib. I love it, I do. But what I really get excited about is our Christmas ham.

It's nothing fancy - just a spiral-cut ham from Costco. I think that we paid around $25 for a pretty big ham. It comes fully cooked and you just warm it up for 2 hours and then turn the oven way up and add a glaze, and cook at high heat for the last 10 minutes or so. It could not be easier! We throw away the package of glaze stuff that comes with it (a powder - ick) and make our own. This is simply honey and orange marmalade, and it gets all caramelized and crackly in the oven. So divine.

I love it the day that we make it, and even more the next day in sandwiches or right out of the plastic storage bag! And I never waste that deliciously meaty ham bone, which every year becomes Senate Navy Bean Soup. Mmm, mmm. Now why, oh why, do I not buy a ham more often?