ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Desperation Dinner

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Desperation Dinner


I was stuck in the house with very little food on Monday night, and needed to come up with something quickly for dinner. It was looking like a high-stress week, so something comforting was what I was going for.

I browned some sausage in a pan with some onion and garlic salt, then added some tomatoes and chopped fresh basil. While that was cooking, I made a full package of Trader Joe's instant Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and to that I added a package of Italian-blend cheese, some oregano, and some dried basil.

I drained the sausage mixture and put it in the bottom of a casserole dish, topping it with the potatoes. I baked it for 30 minutes, then added the remains of a can of French's onions to the top.

Not the healthiest meal on earth, but it sure tasted good, and I was able to provide a home-cooked meal for little cost or effort. So much more satisfying than ordering in.