ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Bran Muffins

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bran Muffins

Recipe: Nancy Silverton's Bran Muffins via DavidLebovitz.com



This is the most involved muffin recipe ever! Look at it. There's toasting wheat bran, cooking raisins and then pureeing them. It took all my will and about an hour of my morning to prepare. Well, at least I didn't have to bring out the mixer too. Look at all the dishes I have to clean afterward.



But I must say these are the most flavorful and moist bran muffins I've ever had. Plus these are no joke. Most recipes I found on the internet call for maybe a cup of bran for 2 cups of flour. This one has 2 cups of bran for only 3/4 cup of flour (and 1/4 of that whole wheat.)



I'm set for a week with breakfast.