ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Nib-bling

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nib-bling



Consider yourself warned. I told you I had chocolate on the brain.

This is my new favorite chocolate bar, by leaps and bounds. I already loved Scharffen Berger's Milk Chocolate bar, but now they have gone and added nibs. They might as well have included a needle with that, because I just want to mainline it forever and ever.

Lest you pooh-pooh milk chocolate in favor of dark, let me assure you that this is no ordinary hollow-Easter-Bunny variety milk chocolate. It's rich, chocolately, smooth and with a hint of caramel. The reason that it's so much better is that the percentage of cocoa is as much as some manufacturers put in their dark chocolate (I learned this on the factory tour a few years ago, and sadly, they no longer give tours). The roasted nibs and crunch and an extra punch of pure cocoa.


It's a little bit hard to find, but fortunately there's a little corner market not far from my house that carries them. Fortunately, or unfortunately - hm, I could use one right about now!

(extra thank you to Jude who put one in my Christmas stocking AND brought one to the movies with us last week. Milk Nibby, popcorn and "Black Swan" - a most excellent combination!)