ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: O Christmas Tree...Cake

Saturday, January 8, 2011

O Christmas Tree...Cake



Perhaps because I was so disappointed on Thanksgiving, I found myself in the Christmas spirit more than usual this year. One of the first things that I did, in honor of Iron Cupcake Challenge's year end Bakeoff, was tackle the Giant Cupcake Cake. I had made one once before to less than impressive results, and I was bound and determined to make something with some "wow" factor to it. The problem before was trying to frost the enormous top. I saw some photos online where people had created a mini-tree out of the shape, and I knew this would be easy enough to do using my star-tip and some decorations. It was so much fun to do, and turned out great. And because the bottom of the cupcake serves as the trunk, there is no need to frost or decorate it.

I made some mini cupcake "presents" for the bottom of the tree as well.


It was a huge hit at Iron Cupcake, and one of the most photographed items there. I can't wait to try another one!