ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Procrastination Leads to Giant Tree

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Procrastination Leads to Giant Tree



I realize that this is very hard to see, but I was running around trying to get all of the Christmas decorations done before our party, and I used my camera phone to take pictures. What this is a photo of is a $250 fake tree that I got for $25. Yes, that's right, $25.

I ran out to Lowe's in San Bruno on December 22nd in search of a fake tree, any fake tree, that would not cost more than $50. They had some online in the $30-40 range, and even though I swore I would never get a fake tree, I just didn't see the point of paying so much money for a real one that would only be up for a week. When I got there, the prices on the trees read $199-$350, nothing like what I had seen online! I asked the manager for help, and he must have seen the look of desperation on my face, because he said in an assuring voice, "Let's see what we can do for you - which one did you want?" I pointed at a nice and tall 7 1/2 foot tree, complete with white lights, with a price tag that read $250.00. He said, "Well, it appears that I am out of that model. How about if I sell you my floor model for...hmmm...$25.00?" My jaw almost hit the floor. I swear, the angels were heard on high, singing the praises of our Lord the Lowe's Sales Manager. I nodded gratefully (almost tearfully), and he helped me take the tree apart and load it into my car. I could not believe it! I must have thanked him a million times over.

With the leftover money, I treated myself to a new ornament, to honor all of the baking I did in 2010.


Besides being a snap to put up and decorate, the real savings is that next year, I won't have to go out in search of a tree. That stress-reliever, (and saver of trees!) is priceless.