ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Carrot Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

Monday, January 31, 2011

Carrot Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

I'm loving using spices in my baked goods right now. For this birthday party, at first I was going make my default green tea cupcakes or chocolate cupcakes. But I decided to go back to the basics with this Old-Fashioned-Carrot-Cake from Bon Appetit.



I omitted the nuts and reduced the amount of sugar to 1 1/2 cups. The cupcakes came out plenty sweet and very very moist with just a hint of spice. I baked them for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees oven and got 24 cupcakes.



I halved the frosting recipe and had just enough for all the cupcakes. I even broke out my cake decorating set which my bother gave me last year for my birthday. Look at them. They are so pretty looking with those fancy dollops of frosting.