ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Fresh Peach Cream Cake

Friday, July 8, 2011

Fresh Peach Cream Cake

Here is the cake that first inspired me to bake: Strawberry Cream Cake. I saw its pictures. I read the recipe. I imagined how it would taste. I begged people to make one for me to no avail. Then I ordered a mixer online and baked my first cake.

I have come a long way since then. I'm no longer afraid to use plenty of sugar, butter and white flour if it will make my baked goods taste awesome. I also gained about 15 pounds. I also learned to substitute ingredients and to experiment.

For this, I used peaches instead of strawberries. I also did not cook the filling, just macerated chopped peaches in sugar.



I served the cake in the 4th of July party and it was a hit. Even people who don't eat dessert love it. Fresh peaches gave it refreshing, light and cool feeling while contrasting nicely with soft and sweet cream. Juice from the peach also kept the cake moist.

I followed the original recipe for the cake and cream portions. Here's what I did with the peaches:



  1. Peel, pit and slice 4 large peaches. Reserve the better looking half and chop the other half.

  2. Combine chopped peaches with 3 tablespoons of sugar and let stand for 15 minutes.

  3. When the cake is ready and cool, slice the cake horizontally in half. Spoon half the macerated peaches on top of the bottom layer cake. Line the outside with sliced peaches. Spoon about half a cup of whipped cream over. Then stack the top half of the cake on top.

  4. Pile the rest of whipped cream on the top layer cake. Spoon the rest of macerated peaches in the middle and arrange the rest of sliced peaches all around. Keep refrigerated until serving time.