ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Carrot Cake Cookies

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Carrot Cake Cookies

I would like to call them mini carrot cake balls in stead of cookies. They didn't expand in the oven. I used a mini ice cream scoop to drop the dough and didn't press them before going into the oven expecting them to expand. But they didn't. So after I sandwiched them they became cute little balls.



The balls were delicious. They were soft and delicate with a hint of spices. Oatmeal added a perfect chewy texture. They got enthusiastic nods from everybody trying them. Thanks, Martha Stewart. I didn't use her cream cheese frosting recipe, though. I thought the cookies came out super sweet. I wanted something a bit tart and creamy to balance it. So for the frosting, I just whipped 12oz. (1 1/2 packages) of cream cheese with only 1/2 cup of confectioner sugar.