ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Orange Cranberry Scones

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Orange Cranberry Scones

I just found out about a new realm of baking - scones and biscuits! Why haven't I ever thought of baking them earlier? There are endless possibility with these. I can go either savory or sweet. And they are super easy to make - no electric mixer - not a lot of cleaning required. I must go crazy making these with all kinds of substitutes!

Just as I was thinking which fruit to put in my first scones, my dear neighbor gave me a bag of cranberries. So I made orange cranberry scones from this base recipe from AllRecipes.com.



I added 1/4 cup of sugar into dry ingredients, and zest from an orange and 1/2 cup of dried cranberries to the batter.



The apartment smelled amazing while these were in the oven. I love the baked orange smell in the air. The scones came out light, delicate and not too sweet although not as flaky and buttery as I thought they should be. But what do I know? I shall try other recipes and compare.