ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Fig Bran Muffins

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fig Bran Muffins

Ummm..hmmm.... I made a lot of muffins lately. But since the week leading to the Labor Day when I baked cookies for 3 hours every single night to make party favors for a friend's wedding, I haven't felt a need to bake anything sweet. But I do want convenient snacks/breakfast, so I bake muffins.



These I tried because I saw this recipe here. I was so excited because I have a box of oat bran I want to use. But the recipe doesn't use any bran. And I didn't have dates.

So I made these.



I put all the things healthy I have in my cupboards: oat bran, ground flax seeds, figs, sliced almonds, agave nectar, olive oil. Plus these are gluten free. I used my last cup of almond flour.



I'm not putting the recipe here because they didn't come out super delicious. They tasted "healthy" - kind of gummy I think because my figs were dry and old. The texture of sliced almond and figs don't really go together.

If I have to do this again I'll skip sliced almond and will chop figs into smaller chunks.