ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Martha Stewart's Black-bottom Coconut Bars

Monday, September 21, 2009

Martha Stewart's Black-bottom Coconut Bars

After all the disastrous gluten-free baking experience, I still needed to bake something to bring to a party. I looked through my del.icio.us and found the perfect candidate: Marthe Stewart's Black-Bottom Coconut Bars. After all, she's the queen of sinful desserts (well, I guess after Paula Deen but I don't want to kill my friends yet.)



I still didn't have all purpose flour and still didn't learn my lesson about substitution and so-called genius moments. I used whole-wheat flour and unsweetened coconut flakes in Martha's recipe. But to my credit, I did increase the amount of sugar even though I knew that Martha liked her sweets really really super sweet.



And it was a success! I love you Martha Stewart. <3 <3 <3



The bottom part wasn't so sweet which perfectly offset the sweet, crunchy and flavorful top part. Plus the whole thing was made from whole wheat flour!

Hmmmm.... Maybe I will try this with gluten-free flour... :P