ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Oat Bran Bread

Monday, September 14, 2009

Oat Bran Bread

This bread is from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. It's basically a variation of the no-knead bread. The idea is that you can mix up the dough and store it for weeks in the refrigerator. When it's time to bake, you just take a portion, let rise and bake.



It worked amazingly. This is the second loaf I baked from this batch, 4 days after mixing the dough.



I also love the idea of baking smaller loaf at a time so that I can always have fresh baked bread.



The only complaint I have was that it took a couple of hours for the dough to get to room temperature and rise properly. So if I want to go to sleep before midnight, I have to get home by 8pm to thaw the dough. :)