ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Bleberry Muffins/Pudding

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bleberry Muffins/Pudding

They were meant to be muffins - gluten-free even... But I think they came out more like pudding because they were so super moist that I had to eat them with spoon. Good thing I baked them in individual silicone cups.



While browsing for filler books (any books that can make my order over $25 so I get free delivery) I found The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook" and eventually found the author's blog.

My last few experiments with gluten-free baking turned out not super impressive. I got a hummus for muffins once. The last attempt wasn't so bad but I am still not too crazy about all those starches in the flour mix.

This would be an interesting alternative: baking with almond flour.

So I tried this recipe: Cranberry Lemon Muffins. I substituted a cup of frozen wild blueberries for the dry cranberries.



My muffins/pudding sank in the middle and rose over the baking cups making a bit of a mess. But they were the most delicious intentionally gluten-free baked goods I have ever baked. I shall keep this as my go-to pudding recipe.