ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Left Over but Not Forgotten

Monday, November 16, 2009

Left Over but Not Forgotten

I hate leftovers. Perhaps I have talked about this before, but it bears repeating because I really do hate them. Part of it is that I have a very low boredom threshold, and therefore need a lot of variety in my diet (hello, 875 Yelp reviews - sigh). Part of it is that the next day's re-heated meal can never match the beauty and taste of the original presentation. It will always be a little wilted, dried out, soggy, browned, whatever. Leftovers just look sad to me, like bum clothes - once lovely, now soiled and tattered, shadows of their former selves.

The thing is, I also hate to throw out food.

So this just forces me to be creative with leftovers. I am pleased to say that all of my meals today were made with leftovers from Saturday night's dinner, and they were all good!

Sweet Potato Pancakes with raisins for breakfast:


Seared Ahi on Arugula with Lemon Vinaigrette for lunch:


Chili-Lime Pork Tacos for dinner: