ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Almond Apple Crumble

Monday, November 30, 2009

Almond Apple Crumble

Golden Delicious are my new favorite baking apples. They are not as tart as Granny Smith so I don't have to use as much sugar. And they bake up soft and fast without too much liquid.

I ran out of oatmeal and couldn't make my usual crisp with oatmeal and nuts. So I came up with this and have already baked it 3 more times within 2 weeks. I love eating the stuff. I heard somewhere that apples are good for you and almonds are some kind of a super food. I hope that's true. Plus this is flour-free, butter-free and with minimal added sugar!



Ingredients
  • 5 apples - peeled, cored and sliced

  • Juice from half a lemon

  • 1 cup almond flour

  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar

  • 2 tablespoons almond butter

  • 1/4 cup soy milk

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

  2. Toss sliced apples with lemon juice and pile onto an 8x8 inch baking dish.

  3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together. Rub in almond butter by hands until the mixture is crumbly (it looks like dirt at this point.)

  4. Sprinkle soy milk over the dough and mix until you get a wet but not soggy dough. Crumble on top of the apples.

  5. Bake for 40 minutes.