ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Peach Crisp

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Peach Crisp

I have a recipe clipping! The one and only clipping! Since I don't subscribe to any cooking magazine or any newspaper, there isn't much chance I clip anything. But this recipe was from AM New York, the free newspaper you get in the morning on the way to the subway. I got this recipe way before I started baking a lot. This was probably the only baking I had done before I bought a KitchenAid mixer and went crazy starting in the middle of June last year.

The recipe was for Apple-Cranberry Crisp for Thanksgiving. I'm making my peach crisp based from this recipe - with a lot of changes.... well - now that I'm a little experienced - I know that crisp is very forgiving and usually way too sweet for my taste.



Ingredients
  • 6 peaches - cut into chunks

  • 1 cup oatmeal

  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour

  • 1/4 cup raw sugar

  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1/4 cup butter - chilled - cut into small chunks

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

  2. Throw the fruit in ungreased medium size (2.2 qt.) Pyrex dish. I sprinkled 2 teaspoon of my fiber supplement on top of the fruit to help increase my fiber intake... and to help congeal any liquid coming out of the fruit from the heat.

  3. In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients together. Rub the mixture by hands until we get coarse meal. Sprinkle this over the fruit and bake for 35 to 50 minutes depending on how mush you want the fruit to be. I like mine still crisp so I baked for 35 minutes.




I eat this with unsweetened yogurt for breakfast. It feels very healthy with lots of fruit and fiber from my supplement and oatmeal. It's also delicious. The quarter cup of butter goes a long way in this recipe.