ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: An Apple a Day

Thursday, September 30, 2010

An Apple a Day


It's not your eyes. It's a blurry picture of an apple.

Apologies for having been gone so long - busy summer, lots of custom cupcake orders (yay), and life stuff in general all muscled themselves to the top of the priority list, and writing went down to the bottom (boo).

Now here we are, right in the air-turning coolness of fall, and I am eating my 2nd Honeycrisp apple of the day. Used to be I could only find them in the Midwest, and now there are giant bins of them at Trader Joe's. Just like most things at TJ's, I kind of turn a blind eye to how they got there (not exactly a locavore's paradise), and enjoy every crunchy, juicy, sweet bite.

If I were really old, intead of kind of old, I would say something like "this is how apples used to taste when I was a girl". You can have your Pink Ladies, McIntoshes, Fujis and even your Gravensteins (although those are my next favorite), it's Honeycrisp for me!