ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Swiss Miss

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Swiss Miss



This month's book for Book Club was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Steig Larsson.

In honor of the Swedish author and setting, I decided to make Swedish Pancake Cupcakes. Basically, I made a Sour Cream Vanilla cupcake, filled it with Lingonberry Jam, and topped it with Buttercream Frosting with a bit of the Lingonberry mixed in.

The difficult thing was finding the Lingonberry Jam, which I finally found in an odd little German store called Lehr's in Noe Valley. It wasn't even jam, it was sauce, but it worked fine and provided that wonderful sweet-tart flavor.



The cupcakes themselves turned out well. The particular recipe that I used had a lot of butter in it, which made for a nice, slightly caramelized top to the cupcakes. I added a piece of German berry candy to each one, found at the same store as the Lingonberry Sauce.


They tasted great after a couple of healthy servings of Swedish Meatballs, made by my friend and the hostess, Nysa.