ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Pioneer Woman's Spicy Roasted Chicken Legs

Monday, March 14, 2011

Pioneer Woman's Spicy Roasted Chicken Legs


Another day of foraging for low-carb food options in the fridge and freezer yielded this delicious and easy meal. And all it required was a package of 5 frozen drumsticks (defrosted in the microwave), a lemon, some butter, garlic, and dried spices.

I found the recipe on the Pioneer Woman's blog. If you are not familiar with Ree Drummond and her fantastic recipes, you need to subscribe, connect on Facebook, etc. immediately. Not only will your mouth water from her beautiful photography, you will fall in love with her unapologetic good humor and irreverence for strict cooking rules. I first saw her on Food Network's Throwdown with Bobby Flay, and I have been a fan ever since.

I didn't have the spicy salt that she uses in the post, so I used 1 Meyer Lemon, 1/2 stick of butter, minced garlic, cayenne, garlic salt, and Lawry's Seasoned Salt. It was an easy and tasty combination.

Great, satisfying lunch and an excellent combo with yesterday's roasted tomatoes. I am not going to tell you how many of the 5 drumsticks I ate, but I will tell you that eating low-carb makes me consume far more meat protein than I ever dreamt possible. Run, little animals, run!!