ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Hummus

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hummus



Just got my new food processor. Can't believe I live this long without it. After all these years dating Israelis, now I can make hummus!

Got idea for ingredients from this recipe from AllRecipes.com. I used a pound of dry chickpeas - soaked overnight, boiled for about an hour until soft. Drained and then blended in a food processor with lots of garlic - a few pinches of salt - a couple tablespoons of olive oil - tahini - lots of Hungarian paprika and water reserved from drained cooked chickpeas.

It tastes fine to me but I have no idea how it will compare with the real thing....

Update: My personal food critic said it's one of the best hummus he had. And I might secretly be an Arab.