ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Finding Peace

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Finding Peace

I have had too much stuff in my head lately. I can feel it bottlenecking, which results in fractured thinking, poor sleep, stomach issues, and anxiety. In the past, that would have led straight to hedonism, but I am trying to be more health-conscious these days.

Today I am taking a "purification day", both in body and mind. I borrowed that phrase from my friend Kirsten, who did a "purity month" a few years ago. No coffee, light foods, and not too much stimulus. I started out my morning with some Pomegranate Green Tea, and apple, and a yogurt.


This afternoon, I am going to a 3-hour yoga workshop, given by one of my teachers at YogaStudio. I am really looking forward to it. I have been doing yoga more regularly, and I realize how beneficial it is to my mind and body - but sometimes an hour and a half seems too short. This workshop promises to incorporate the mind and spirit into the practice, which is something that I think will really benefit me. Cynthia is a teacher that I really like and trust, which makes a huge difference to me.


Outside, a steady misty rain is falling. I love this kind of weather - perfect for going inside yourself and being introspective.